At Silchemy, consulting clients get the full and undivided attention of Dr.
John M. Zeigler. Dr. Zeigler has an extensive background of accomplishments in
science and technology:
- Experience - consulting in a wide variety of construction, materials science, organic
chemistry, and technology areas for over 25 years
- Creativity - over 30 U.S. and foreign patents in the general area of
silicon-based polymer science and applications
- Recognition - co-recipient of an IR-100 award for one of the 100 most
significant technological developments of 1985
Publications - co-editor and co-author of an American Chemical Society
book, Silicon-Based Polymer Science - A Comprehensive Resource
(available today from numerous book suppliers),
over 60 publications in the scientific research literature
- Involvement - for many years a member of the Board of Editors of the Journal
of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers, organizer of several
international scientific meetings
Although Dr. Zeigler carries out all his consulting on a strictly
confidential basis to protect the competitive and/or litigation position of his clients, here are
just a few examples of general areas in which he has consulted:
Construction Vibration Damage
- Dr. Zeigler has spent over 7
years as a scientific consultant in the construction vibration damage field, involved with homeowners, other consulting firms, attorneys, contractors and project sponsors. Part of whis experience is
embodied in his 110+ page Construction Vibration Damage Guide for
Homeowners, available free for personal use from his dedicated site at
those who need more help in this area, he can provide extensive knowledge
- Microelectronics and graphics arts imaging materials
- Use of high-resolution, self-developing polysilane materials (U.S.
composition of matter and application patents for Dr. Zeigler) as
photo-patternable, reactive-ion etch resistant, photoresists. Another client
was interested in similar
materials for use in high resolution graphics arts applications. In each
case, we provided materials expertise, application advice, and suggestions
of areas for further patentable extensions of the technologies, which led to
several patents for the client.
- Novel gas exchange membrane materials
- Another, different, class of silicon-based polymers, also patented by Dr.
Zeigler, was the basis for consulting with a Fortune 500 company with
interests in the materials for selective gas permeation membranes. Dr. Zeigler provided materials and processing
expertise, as well as suggestions for further patentable development of
- Silicon-based polymers
- Dr. Zeigler provided application, processing, and marketing data for
another Fortune 500 company interested in marketing his patented materials.
He also provided suggestions for the company to establish a supplementary patent position
in the area.
Let us show you how we can help you solve problems. Initial consultations are
free and confidential, without obligation. Contact us at
inquiries or call us at the contact numbers on
the home page.